- CANADA STOCKS-TSX slides as inflation, stronger loonie cloud sentimentCanada's main stock index fell on Friday, led lower by bank and gold mining shares, as concerns about the impact of a stronger Canadian dollar and higher inflation on the economy clouded sentiment. Domestic data showed that Canada's annual inflation rate ticked higher in July, suggesting price pressures are picking up after June's subdued reading and clearing the way for the Bank of Canada to raise interest rates in the fall. The news helped lift the Canadian dollar.(18 Aug 2017 20:54:43 +0000)
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX slides as investors shun riskier assets, gold shinesCanada's main stock index fell on Friday, led lower by heavyweight bank shares, as investors worldwide fled equities to perceived safe-haven investments amid global geopolitical uncertainties. Deadly attacks ...(18 Aug 2017 15:13:42 +0000)
- Is Liquidity a Concern for Gold Miners after 2Q17 Earnings?Newmont Mining had $5.5 billion in liquidity, including $3.1 billion in cash at the end of 2Q17. It has one of the best credit ratings in the sector.(18 Aug 2017 14:37:06 +0000)
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc. breached its 50 day moving average in a Bearish Manner : POT-CA : August 18, 2017Categories: ETFs Yahoo FinanceGet full CapitalCube analysis *Disclaimer : This is as of previous day’s closing price. Technical Indicators Below is a quick look at 5 technical indicators for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan, Inc.. More studies are available on the Technical Chart. Indicator Signal Closing Price above/below 50 Day Moving Average Bearish Closing Price above/below 200 Day Moving ... Read more (Read more...)(18 Aug 2017 14:35:14 +0000)
- Chart in Focus: The Improving Financial Health of Senior Gold MinersNewmont Mining's net debt-to-adjusted EBITDA improved to 0.6x in 2Q17 from 0.7x at the end of 1Q17 and 1.3x at the end of 2015.(18 Aug 2017 13:07:15 +0000)
- See what the IHS Markit Score report has to say about BCE Inc.BCE Inc NYSE:BCE(18 Aug 2017 12:01:08 +0000)
- TD Asset Management Inc. Announces Monthly Distribution for August 2017TD Asset Management Inc. Announces Monthly Distribution for August 2017(18 Aug 2017 12:00:00 +0000)
- Analyzing Senior Gold Miners’ Financial Leverages after 2Q17 ResultsBarrick Gold (ABX) and Newmont Mining (NEM) have significantly improved their balance sheets by paying off debt through their cash flows and proceeds from selling non-core assets.(18 Aug 2017 11:37:35 +0000)
- How Gold Miners Ranked on Unit Costs in 2Q17Barrick Gold (ABX) maintained its cost supremacy with its AISC coming in at just $710 per ounce, an improvement of 9.2% year-over-year.(17 Aug 2017 14:37:39 +0000)
- Gold Miners’ Projects That Can Drive Long-Term Production GrowthGoldcorp noted that due to the disposal of some non-core assets and acquisition of some assets, its reserves have increased from 42 million ounces to 50 million ounces.(17 Aug 2017 13:07:13 +0000)
The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX or TSE) is Canada’s largest exchange, with the S&P/TSX Composite its most important index. The index is focused heavily on Canada’s 2 biggest industries, financial services, and natural resources (gold, silver, oil, natural gas, potash, lumber, and fisheries).
The 300 companies in the index makes up 70% of all Canadian public companies by market capitalization. This means it is a very good benchmark for the overall health and strength of the Canadian economy. However this TSX heat map focuses on the 10 biggest.