- [$$] What's After the Post-PC World? PCs(26 Jul 2014 06:37:00)
- Yerdled yet? New shopper tools save money and planet[at USA TODAY] - New online tools help consumers save money and reduce their carbon footprint.(26 Jul 2014 04:06:01)
- Bose Sues Beats Electronics Over Patents(26 Jul 2014 01:38:03)
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds(26 Jul 2014 01:05:08)
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds(26 Jul 2014 01:00:54)
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds(26 Jul 2014 00:56:31)
- The Future of Apple Products(25 Jul 2014 23:56:52)
- Lassonde Industries Inc. completes acquisition of Apple & Eve, LLC of Port...[at noodls] - July 25, 2014 Rougemont, Quebec - Lassonde Industries Inc. (TSX: LAS.A) ("Lassonde") has completed the previously announced acquisition of Apple & Eve, LLC of Port Washington, New York, for a ...(25 Jul 2014 23:46:53)
- IBM's bid to sell chip unit falters(25 Jul 2014 23:17:40)
- Apple Loop: iPhone 6 Launch Dates, iWatch Patents, And Where To Find Those MacBook Stickers[at Forbes] - Taking a look back at another week of news from Cupertino, this week’s Apple Loop covers Apple's Fall launch events, mobile payments in the next iPhone, a potential iWatch patent, thoughts from the Q3 2014 earnings call, potential security holes in iOS 6, OSX 10.10 previews, and the new stickers advert from Tim Cook and his team.(25 Jul 2014 23:07:00)
The Standard & Poor’s 500 (S&P 500) is the main US index, and the largest index in the world. It is used as a global barometer for the world markets. All major investment funds, hedge funds, and investment portfolios are benchmarked again the S&P 500.
It is comprised of the 500 largest US companies, and a significant portion of the overall the United States of America’s market capitalization. The index is not based on any one sector, so it is seen as the best overall signal of the US market.
The index is free-floating and capitalization-weighted, and broken down into individual market sectors; consumer non-cyclical, consumer cyclical, financial, energy, technology, communications, industrial, basic materials and utilities.