- Stocks making the biggest moves premarket: IBM, AXP, ACOR, LOW, FL, NKE & moreThese are the stocks posting the largest moves before the bell.(19 Jan 2018 12:39:47 +0000)
- Why the EU Is Claiming $15.3 Billion in Unpaid Taxes from AppleThe European Union (EZU) has ordered US (SPY) giant Apple (AAPL) to pay ~$15.3 billion in unpaid taxes after the European Commission (or EC) ruled in 2016 that Apple’s tax deal with Ireland was contrary to EU law. Apple formed a subsidiary, Apple Sales International (or ASI), in Ireland in 1991.(19 Jan 2018 12:37:06 +0000)
- Why GE May Not Meet Analysts’ Earnings Estimates in 4Q17A Look at General Electric ahead of Its 4Q17 Earnings(19 Jan 2018 12:34:38 +0000)
- Cryptocurrencies, Initial Coin Offerings: The Downward MovementCryptocurrencies have witnessed another down day with only a handful of them rising. The big brother of digital currencies, Bitcoin, has fallen 16.7% in the last day, trading at $10,116 as of 7:00 AM EST on January 17, 2018. The Ark Web x.0 ETF (ARKW), which is known to track the price of cryptocurrencies, was trading at $49.20 on January 16, 2018.(19 Jan 2018 12:32:59 +0000)
- Will Kimberly-Clark’s Low Valuation Attract Investors?Kimberly-Clark’s 4Q17: Could Financials Continue to Improve?(19 Jan 2018 12:32:35 +0000)
- IBM's Guidance and Margins Are Overshadowing Its Return to Revenue GrowthThough Big Blue's revenue and earnings beat estimates, its margins came under pressure. In addition, its 2018 earnings and cash-flow guidance disappointed.(19 Jan 2018 12:30:00 +0000)
- Apple Readies Likely Huge Capital Return Program, and Rivals May Soon FollowThe iPhone maker plans to repatriate nearly all of its offshore cash, and much of it will likely go towards dividends and buybacks. It might not be long before other tech giants make similar announcements....(19 Jan 2018 12:25:00 +0000)
- Two Stocks Went in Double-Zombie Beat-Down Mode: Market ReconThe charts of American Express and IBM both look intriguing after their quarterly results.(19 Jan 2018 12:23:00 +0000)
- Walmart will see a larger breakout after ‘lost’ years, Oppenheimer analyst saysWalmart's rally still has life, says Ari Wald, head of technical analysis at Oppenheimer.(19 Jan 2018 12:19:18 +0000)
- Government Shutdown Looms, IBM Returns to Growth - 5 Things You Must KnowU.S. stock futures point to gains for Wall Street on Friday even as investors grow concerned the federal government will be forced into a shutdown at midnight unless lawmakers can reach a funding agreement....(19 Jan 2018 12:11:00 +0000)
The Standard & Poor’s 500 (S&P 500) is the main US index, and the largest index in the world. It is used as a global barometer for the world markets. All major investment funds, hedge funds, and investment portfolios are benchmarked again the S&P 500.
It is comprised of the 500 largest US companies, and a significant portion of the overall the United States of America’s market capitalization. The index is not based on any one sector, so it is seen as the best overall signal of the US market.
The index is free-floating and capitalization-weighted, and broken down into individual market sectors; consumer non-cyclical, consumer cyclical, financial, energy, technology, communications, industrial, basic materials and utilities.