- China regulator in anti-monopoly probe of Microsoft[Reuters] - By Paul Carsten BEIJING (Reuters) - A Chinese regulator said on Tuesday it is conducting an anti-monopoly investigation into Microsoft Corp because the firm has not fully disclosed information about its ...(29 Jul 2014 10:54:34)
- [$$] Undervalued Biotech Stocks Beat the Index(29 Jul 2014 10:54:00)
- Huawei Success Threatens iPhone Sales(29 Jul 2014 10:49:56)
- China probes Microsoft for 'monopoly'(29 Jul 2014 10:35:50)
- You can now watch Blu-ray 3D movies on your PlayStation 4(29 Jul 2014 10:34:00)
- [video] China investigates Microsoft[at CNBC] - China is investigating Microsoft for suspected monopoly, reports CNBC's Eunice Yoon.(29 Jul 2014 10:32:00)
- Microsoft and Akamai join forces in first cybersecurity-focused accelerator in Israel[PR Newswire] - TEL AVIV, Israel, July 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Microsoft Corp. and Akamai Technologies, a leading provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications, have announced that, together with leading venture capital (VC) firm Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP), they are working on a unique accelerator in the field of cybersecurity. The program is located at the Microsoft Ventures Accelerator in Tel Aviv, and interested entrepreneurs and startups can apply now at http://www.microsoftventures.com/accelerators/telaviv.(29 Jul 2014 10:30:00)
- Portland General Electric Announces Second Quarter Results[at noodls] - July 29, 2014 PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Portland General Electric Company (NYSE:POR) today reported net income of $35 million, or 43 cents per diluted share, for the second quarter of 2014. This ...(29 Jul 2014 10:27:25)
- China regulator in anti-monopoly probe of Microsoft[Reuters] - A Chinese regulator said on Tuesday it is conducting an anti-monopoly investigation into Microsoft Corp because the firm has not fully disclosed information about its Windows operating system and Microsoft Office software. China's State Administration for Industry & Commerce (SAIC) was investigating a Microsoft vice president and senior managers, and has made copies of the firm's financial statements and contracts, the SAIC said on its website. Microsoft is one of the biggest U.S. companies to fall under the eye of Chinese regulators as they ramp up their oversight in an apparent attempt to protect local companies and customers. The SAIC said it had obtained documents, e-mails and other data from Microsoft's computers and servers, adding that it could not complete the investigation as Microsoft had said some of its key personnel were not in China.(29 Jul 2014 10:16:48)
- China Raids Microsoft Offices in Anti-Monopoly Investigation[Bloomberg] - China regulators opened an anti-monopoly investigation into Microsoft Corp. (MSFT), seizing computers and documents from offices in four cities amid escalating tensions with U.S. technology companies. The government also is investigating Microsoft executives in China, including a vice president, according to a statement posted today on the State Administration for Industry & Commerce website. The regulator urged the company to cooperate after almost 100 SAIC staff inspected the offices yesterday, copying contracts and financial statements. China stepped up the pressure on U.S. companies after American prosecutors indicted five Chinese military officers in May for allegedly stealing corporate secrets.(29 Jul 2014 10:12:43)
The Standard & Poor’s 500 (S&P 500) is the main US index, and the largest index in the world. It is used as a global barometer for the world markets. All major investment funds, hedge funds, and investment portfolios are benchmarked again the S&P 500.
It is comprised of the 500 largest US companies, and a significant portion of the overall the United States of America’s market capitalization. The index is not based on any one sector, so it is seen as the best overall signal of the US market.
The index is free-floating and capitalization-weighted, and broken down into individual market sectors; consumer non-cyclical, consumer cyclical, financial, energy, technology, communications, industrial, basic materials and utilities.