- 1 Big Winner in the Unlimited Mobile Data BonanzaThis important wireless infrastructure provider stands to gain from increasing demand for data.(28 Jun 2017 15:33:00 +0000)
- Alphabet’s Waymo is winning the race for self-driving cars — and Apple is far behindBaidu and Tesla are also speeding ahead, says Jeff Reeves.(28 Jun 2017 15:31:56 +0000)
- 5 things to know, and why a local entrepreneur is at Walmart's headquartersWoodland business owner Janet E. Jones is among more than 500 entrepreneurs invited to pitch their products to retail and online giant Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (WMT) today. Jones left her job as a school counselor earlier this month to focus on her business, Photos to Designs. "If you value it, if you believe in it, then you need to move forward with it," she said, offering advice to other entrepreneurs.(28 Jun 2017 15:30:12 +0000)
- The 30 colleges with the most alums working at top tech companiesWant a job in tech? Consider attending one of these schools.(28 Jun 2017 15:29:47 +0000)
- Apple Guru Munster: Apple Glasses to Upstage the iPhoneLoop Ventures' managing partner Gene Munster believes that in 10 years the iPhone will still be around, just not as popular as the tech titan's upcoming smart glasses.(28 Jun 2017 15:27:00 +0000)
- MSG Stock Climbs as Wall Street Cheers Phil Jackson's Exit From New YorkJackson was reportedly given $24 million to go away.(28 Jun 2017 15:26:00 +0000)
- [$$] T-Mobile May Be Better Off AlonePacific Crest Securities The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Comcast and Charter Communications are in exclusive talks to explore a deal with Sprint. Additionally, we think that strategically, a wireless and cable partnership or all-out acquisition makes more sense than pure wireless mergers and acquisitions (M&A).(28 Jun 2017 15:20:00 +0000)
- [$$] The 10th Anniversary iPhone: Is Apple Trying to Do Too Much?Apple is pulling out all the stops for its next iPhone, readying multiple models and testing higher prices.(28 Jun 2017 15:12:27 +0000)
- Why Premium Raid Passes Are Pokémon GO's Most Valuable Item Yet (And May Be Pay-To-Win)Pokemon GO's raids are incredibly rewarding activities, which makes premium raid passes the most valuable item the game has sold by a wide margin.(28 Jun 2017 15:04:00 +0000)
- 3 Things You Can Do To Stop 'NotPetya' Ransomware Wrecking Your PCSimple steps could prevent Windows PCs getting infected in future.(28 Jun 2017 15:03:00 +0000)
The Standard & Poor’s 500 (S&P 500) is the main US index, and the largest index in the world. It is used as a global barometer for the world markets. All major investment funds, hedge funds, and investment portfolios are benchmarked again the S&P 500.
It is comprised of the 500 largest US companies, and a significant portion of the overall the United States of America’s market capitalization. The index is not based on any one sector, so it is seen as the best overall signal of the US market.
The index is free-floating and capitalization-weighted, and broken down into individual market sectors; consumer non-cyclical, consumer cyclical, financial, energy, technology, communications, industrial, basic materials and utilities.