- Gold Prices Plummet as Fed Taper Fears Remain in Play[at TheStreet] - Gold prices plummet on Thursday after better-than-expected economic growth and labor data suggests the Federal Reserve may taper its economic stimulus program soon.(05 Dec 2013 15:56:00)
- Interesting NEM Put And Call Options For December 13th[at Forbes] - Investors in Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE: NEM) saw new options become available today, for the December 13th expiration. At Stock Options Channel, our YieldBoost formula has looked up and down the NEM options chain for the new December 13th contracts and identified one put and one call contract of particular(05 Dec 2013 15:46:00)
- Early Glance: Gold companies[AP] - Shares of some top gold companies are mixed at 10 a.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. rose $.09 or .6 percent, to $15.60. Gold Fields Ltd ADS fell $.14 or 3.7 percent, to $3.65. GoldCorp. rose $.27 or 1.3 percent, ...(05 Dec 2013 15:32:32)
- Early Glance: Gold companies(05 Dec 2013 15:32:32)
- Early Glance: Silver companies(05 Dec 2013 15:32:24)
- Early Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies are down at 10 a.m.: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.05 or 1.8 percent, to $2.78. Pan American Silver Corp. fell $.21 or 2.0 percent, to $10.33. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...(05 Dec 2013 15:32:24)
- Thorton to Succeed Munk at Barrick Gold[at Bloomberg] - Dec. 05 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg’s Alix Steel reports on executive changes at Barrick Gold and what that may mean for investors. She speaks on Bloomberg Television's “In The Loop.” (Source: Bloomberg)(05 Dec 2013 15:19:36)
- Results of the 2013 annual general meeting of Harmony[at noodls] - Published on 05 December 2013 Johannesburg, Thursday, 5 December 2013: Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited ('Harmony') is pleased to announce that all resolutions proposed to shareholders were passed by ...(05 Dec 2013 14:27:03)
- GOLD FIELDS LIMITED - Dealings in securities by directors and prescribed officers of Gold Fields Limited and major subsidiaries[at noodls] - Thursday, 5th December 2013 Dealings in securities by directors and prescribed officers of Gold Fields Limited and major subsidiaries Gold Fields Limited (Reg. No. 1968/004880/06) (Incorporated in the ...(05 Dec 2013 13:40:31)
- Gold: Still Not Enough Demand For A Rally[at Seeking Alpha] - Everywhere you look, analysts having been saying for some time now (including yours truly) to stay away from gold ( GLD ) and silver ( SLV ). And so far this call has been vindicated.(05 Dec 2013 11:42:33)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.