- How Are Miners Making Money at Today’s Prices?[at Motley Fool] - Are these five mining stocks thoroughly crushed, or can they turn a corner and stay profitable? Here is one method that's giving them a fighting chance.(13 Dec 2013 14:02:00)
- Baupost Group opens PBF position, raises MU and THRX share, and sells AIG, AUY, and KGC—13F Flash E[Market Realist] - The Baupost Group, LLC, is a hedge fund founded and run by Seth Klarman in 1982. Why sell Yamana Gold Inc. (AUY)?(13 Dec 2013 13:00:07)
- Freeport-McMoRan - Deleveraging And Recovery Leaves Potential To Unlock Further Upside[at Seeking Alpha] - Investors in Freeport-McMoRan ( FCX ) are welcoming a bullish research report from analysts at Nomura which see further upside from current levels. This is especially true when deleveraging and a recovery ...(13 Dec 2013 05:21:44)
- Freeport Working With Indonesia to Clarify Planned Export Ban[at Bloomberg] - Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc., the owner of the Grasberg mine in Indonesia, said it’s working “cooperatively” with the government to clarify the situation surrounding a ban on unprocessed raw-material ...(13 Dec 2013 03:03:05)
- 8:34 am Agnico-Eagle Mines Homestake and AEM amend Homestake Ridge Agreement; plan 2014 exploration program(12 Dec 2013 23:22:43)
- Final Glance: Gold companies(12 Dec 2013 23:04:48)
- Final Glance: Gold companies[AP] - Shares of some top gold companies were mixed at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. rose $.08 or .5 percent, to $16.46. Gold Fields Ltd ADS fell $.12 or 3.3 percent, to $3.51. GoldCorp. fell $.08 ...(12 Dec 2013 23:04:48)
- Final Glance: Silver companies(12 Dec 2013 23:04:37)
- Final Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies were mixed at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.07 or 2.5 percent, to $2.75. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.11 or 1.0 percent, to $10.89. Silver Standard ...(12 Dec 2013 23:04:37)
- NYSE stocks posting largest percentage decreases(12 Dec 2013 23:04:37)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.