- Analyzing the Correlation of Gold to Miners in January 2018Gold- and silver-based funds such as the Physical Swiss Gold Shares ETF (SGOL) and the Physical Silver Shares ETF (SIVR) tend to correlate strongly to their respective precious metals. These two funds increased 1.3% and 1.6%, respectively, on January 12, 2018. Among the four miners under discussion, Alamos Gold has seen the highest correlation to gold during the past one-year period, while Eldorado Gold has the lowest correlation.(19 Jan 2018 12:37:01 +0000)
- Reading the Performance of Miners in January 2018Reading the Performance of Mining Shares amid Surging Metals(19 Jan 2018 12:36:31 +0000)
- Reading the Performance of Mining Shares amid Surging MetalsReading the Performance of Mining Shares amid Surging MetalsMining shares(19 Jan 2018 12:36:12 +0000)
- Fast Money trader trades: Apple & material stocksThe Fast Money traders discuss the stocks they bought.(18 Jan 2018 22:00:00 +0000)
- Newmont Mining downgraded at Deutsche BankAnalysts foresee no more than an 8% upside in the market value of the gold stock but I see some catalysts to watch in 2018(18 Jan 2018 17:06:52 +0000)
- Regulator orders Barrick to close Chile side of projectSANTIAGO/TORONTO, Jan 18 (Reuters) - Environmental regulators ordered Barrick Gold Corp to close the Chilean side of its stalled Pascua-Lama mining project on Thursday, but reduced a 2013 fine for violations by more than 25 percent to $11.5 million. Barrick, the world's largest gold producer, said that closing surface facilities in Chile is consistent with its plan to advance a study on underground mining at Pascua-Lama, which straddles the border of Argentina and Chile in the Andes Mountains.(18 Jan 2018 16:07:51 +0000)
- Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Alamos Gold, Richmont Mines, Barrick Gold, Franco-Nevada and Sandstorm GoldZacks Industry Outlook Highlights: Alamos Gold, Richmont Mines, Barrick Gold, Franco-Nevada and Sandstorm Gold(18 Jan 2018 14:25:02 +0000)
- Gold: Safe Investment for the Long HaulThere are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the gold mining industry for both the short and long term. Below, we have discussed what investors in the gold mining sector can look forward to in the coming months and years. In the last decade, combined demand for gold from India and China has soared 71%.(18 Jan 2018 13:50:00 +0000)
- Barrick Studies Impact of Chile's Pascua-Lama Closure OrderBarrick Gold Corp. is analyzing revised sanctions on its Pascua-Lama project on the Chile-Argentine border after Chile’s environmental agency reduced a fine but imposed new conditions, including the definitive ...(18 Jan 2018 13:26:14 +0000)
- Barrick Comments on Revised Pascua-Lama SanctionAll amounts expressed in U.S. dollars. TORONTO, Jan. 18, 2018-- Barrick Gold Corporation is analyzing a revised sanction related to the Company’ s Pascua-Lama project issued on January 17 by Chile’ s Superintendencia ...(18 Jan 2018 13:18:08 +0000)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.