- NYSE stocks posting largest percentage decreases[AP] - A look at the 10 biggest percentage decliners on New York Stock Exchange at 1 p.m.: Tableau software Inc. fell 9.2 percent to $61.03. Intrexon Corp. fell 8.7 percent to $23.80. Arista Networks fell 8.7 ...(29 Aug 2014 22:07:50)
- Final Glance: Silver companies(29 Aug 2014 22:07:27)
- Final Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies were up at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.07 or 2.3 percent, to $3.13. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.35 or 2.7 percent, to $13.15. Silver Standard ...(29 Aug 2014 22:07:27)
- [$$] Freeport-McMoRan's Sale of Chile Mine Hits Tax Snag(29 Aug 2014 20:19:54)
- Freeport-McMoRan’s sale of Chile mine hits tax snag(29 Aug 2014 20:02:28)
- Midday Glance: Silver companies(29 Aug 2014 17:19:31)
- Midday Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.01 or .4 percent, to $2.72. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.12 or 1.1 percent, to $11.26. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...(29 Aug 2014 17:19:31)
- Midday Glance: Gold companies(29 Aug 2014 17:19:29)
- Midday Glance: Gold companies[AP] - Shares of some top gold companies are down at 1 p.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.38 or 2.2 percent, to $16.53. Gold Fields Ltd ADS fell $.20 or 6.3 percent, to $3.00. GoldCorp. fell $.24 or 1.1 percent, ...(29 Aug 2014 17:19:29)
- A Good Day For Peru Gold Miner Buenaventura(29 Aug 2014 14:46:00)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.