- Newmont raises 2014 gold production outlook[Reuters] - Newmont Mining Corp reported a marginal rise in second-quarter earnings on Tuesday due to an increase in gold and copper production during the quarter. The biggest U.S.-based gold miner said adjusted net income rose to $101 million, or 20 cents per share, in the quarter, from a loss of $90 million, or 18 cents per share, in the same period a year ago. Analysts expected Colorado-based Newmont to reported adjusted earnings of 19.4 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. Newmont raised gold production forecast by 2 percent to 4.7 million to 5 million ounces for 2014.(30 Jul 2014 00:33:21)
- Newmont second-quarter earnings rise marginally(29 Jul 2014 23:43:21)
- Newmont to invest $1 bln for gold mine in South America's Suriname(29 Jul 2014 23:29:02)
- Newmont Announces $378 Million in Operating Cash Flow, Improved Cost and Production Outlook and Approval of Merian[Business Wire] - Newmont Mining Corporation today reported second quarter 2014 financial and operating results, including:(29 Jul 2014 23:14:00)
- Newmont Approves Construction of Suriname Gold Mine(29 Jul 2014 22:53:34)
- Newmont says plans to build gold mine in Suriname(29 Jul 2014 22:52:01)
- 6:44 pm Newmont Mining to develop new Merian gold mine in Suriname(29 Jul 2014 22:44:00)
- Newmont to Develop New Merian Gold Mine in Suriname[Business Wire] - Newmont Mining Corporation will invest in developing the Merian gold mine in Suriname with strong local support for the project and expected all-in sustaining costs of between $750 and $850 per ounce in the first five years.(29 Jul 2014 22:42:00)
- Final Glance: Silver companies(29 Jul 2014 22:03:05)
- Final Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies were up at the close of trading: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.07 or 2.3 percent, to $3.13. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.35 or 2.7 percent, to $13.15. Silver Standard ...(29 Jul 2014 22:03:05)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.