- Yamana Ready to Strike Gold at Cerro Moro[at Motley Fool] - Gold miner is ready to push forward with developing this richly mineralized project in Argentina.(06 Dec 2013 18:12:15)
- Peru miner Buenaventura reports strike at big silver mine(06 Dec 2013 17:38:48)
- Barrick Gold Shakes Up Management, But I'm Still Not Buying[at Seeking Alpha] - Recently Barrick Gold ( ABX ) announced that it is changing up its board and upper management - in particular the company's chairman is resigning and it is hiring a new COO. This comes as no surprise given ...(06 Dec 2013 17:25:32)
- Jim Cramer's 6 Stocks in 60 Seconds: AEM AMGN LNG GMCR DG FNSR(06 Dec 2013 16:03:00)
- Early Glance: Silver companies(06 Dec 2013 15:41:35)
- Early Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies are up at 10 a.m.: Hecla Mining Co. rose $.04 or 1.3 percent, to $2.84. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.17 or 1.7 percent, to $10.42. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...(06 Dec 2013 15:41:35)
- Early Glance: Gold companies(06 Dec 2013 15:41:30)
- Early Glance: Gold companies[AP] - Shares of some top gold companies are up at 10 a.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. rose $.03 or .2 percent, to $15.46. Gold Fields Ltd ADS rose $.03 or .8 percent, to $3.59. GoldCorp. rose $.22 or 1.1 percent, to ...(06 Dec 2013 15:41:30)
- Top Buys by Top Brass: Chairman of the Board Moffett's $28.5M Bet on FCX[at Forbes] - A company's own top management tend to have the best inside view into the business, so when company officers make major buys, investors are wise to take notice. Presumably the only reason an insider would take their hard-earned cash and use it to buy stock of their company in the [...](06 Dec 2013 15:17:00)
- Ex-Dividend Reminder: Goldcorp, Ship Finance International and LinnCo[at Forbes] - Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 12/10/13, Goldcorp Inc (NYSE: GG), Ship Finance International Ltd (NYSE: SFL), and LinnCo, LLC (NASD: LNCO) will all trade ex-dividend for their respective upcoming dividends. Goldcorp Inc will pay its monthly dividend of $0.05 on 12/20/13, Ship Finance [...](06 Dec 2013 15:02:00)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.