- Pan American Silver to announce 2014 first quarter unaudited results on May 8th[CNW Group] - Pan American Silver to announce 2014 first quarter unaudited results on May 8th(17 Apr 2014 12:29:00)
- Will Silver Catch Up With Gold?(17 Apr 2014 12:22:01)
- Weakness Seen in Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM): Stock Tumbles 8.6%(17 Apr 2014 11:46:52)
- Is Pan American Silver an Attractive Investment?(17 Apr 2014 11:20:15)
- Why Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM) Stock Might be a Great Pick(17 Apr 2014 10:58:16)
- 3 Stocks to Get on Your Watchlist(17 Apr 2014 10:46:13)
- 1:49 am Yamana Gold announces commitments for a 2 year $750 mln term facility(17 Apr 2014 05:49:00)
- [$$] Yamana, Agnico-Eagle to Buy Osisko for $3.53 Billion[at The Wall Street Journal] - Yamana Gold and Agnico-Eagle agreed to buy Osisko Mining for $3.53 billion, one of the largest deals this year in a sector that has produced relatively few.(17 Apr 2014 04:43:14)
- Fool's Gold Report: Yamana Gold, Agnico-Eagle Team Up to Fight Goldcorp As Metals Barely Budge(16 Apr 2014 23:27:48)
- Yamana Gold Inc. (TOR:YRI) and Agnico Eagle (TOR:OSK) Announce a Friendly Acquisition Agreement With Osisko Mining Corporation[ABN Newswire] - Toronto, Canada, April 17, 2014 - (ABN Newswire) - Yamana Gold Inc. (TOR:YRI.TO - News) (NYSE:AUY - News) ("Yamana"), Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (NYSE:AEM - News)(TOR:AEM.TO - News) ("Agnico Eagle") and Osisko Mining Corporation (TOR:OSK.TO - News)(FRANKFURT:EWX.F - News) ("Osisko") are pleased to announce that they have entered into an agreement ("the Agreement") pursuant to which Yamana and Agnico Eagle will jointly acquire 100% of Osisko's issued and outstanding common shares for a total consideration of approximately C$3.9 billion or C$8.15 per share. The total offer consists of approximately C$1.0 billion in cash, approximately C$2.33 billion in Yamana and Agnico Eagle shares, and shares of a new company ("Spinco") with an implied value of approximately C$575 million.(16 Apr 2014 23:07:00)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.