- NYSE stocks posting largest percentage decreases(23 Apr 2014 17:37:32)
- Midday Glance: Silver companies(23 Apr 2014 17:37:12)
- Midday Glance: Silver companies[AP] - Shares of some top silver companies are mixed at 1 p.m.: Hecla Mining Co. fell $.01 or .4 percent, to $2.72. Pan American Silver Corp. rose $.12 or 1.1 percent, to $11.26. Silver Standard Resources Inc. ...(23 Apr 2014 17:37:12)
- Midday Glance: Gold companies(23 Apr 2014 17:37:10)
- Midday Glance: Gold companies[AP] - Shares of some top gold companies are down at 1 p.m.: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.38 or 2.2 percent, to $16.53. Gold Fields Ltd ADS fell $.20 or 6.3 percent, to $3.00. GoldCorp. fell $.24 or 1.1 percent, ...(23 Apr 2014 17:37:10)
- Earnings Preview: Freeport McMoRan sentiment mixed ahead of Q1 report(23 Apr 2014 17:35:55)
- Newmont Mining Corp Is Still in Barrick Gold's Sights(23 Apr 2014 17:10:04)
- Newmont / Barrick Gold: lustre[at Financial Times] - A gold mine is a hole in the ground with a liar on top. It is not clear if Mark Twain ever said that. It is also not always true. Sometimes gold mining stocks are an honest value. Newmont and Barrick Gold, ...(23 Apr 2014 16:59:43)
- Lackluster Negotiations For Barrick Gold And Newmont Mining, Buffett Would Agree(23 Apr 2014 16:23:28)
- Midday movers: Facebook, Gilead Sciences & More(23 Apr 2014 16:20:21)
The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is one of the most important gold indices, focusing on the 16 largest gold and precious metals mining companies traded in the US. Gold prices are important to the global economics as they are a hedge against inflation – forcing gold prices to rise strongly when inflation is high and overall risk appetite is high too.
See the XAU Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index heat map and overall gold sector heat map today.