- What the solar eclipse on Aug. 21 will mean for stocksMight the solar eclipse coincide with the final bull-market top? Mark Hulbert investigates and finds some studies show stock markets are indeed affected by astronomical (if not astrological) phenomena....(19 Aug 2017 14:38:21 +0000)
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon's 'Embarrassment' Could Grow as Debt Debate LoomsThe approaching debt-ceiling debate in Congress could send bank stocks diving, if recent history offers any lessons.(19 Aug 2017 14:20:00 +0000)
- More Info On Microsoft's Xbox One X Coming Tomorrow, August 20We already have a pretty good picture of what Microsoft's Xbox One X will look like, but we don't yet know when we can buy it. That info is likely coming at the company's Gamescom press conference tomorrow.(19 Aug 2017 14:17:00 +0000)
- Fall Comes Early at Disney WorldMickey Mouse is turning to Halloween and Food & Wine events even earlier this year to drum up attendance growth.(19 Aug 2017 14:02:00 +0000)
- This is the ‘wall of worry’ that stocks have climbed to rally 271%Even as humanity faced the specter of a nuclear war and violence broke out on the streets of Charlottesville, Va., stocks took the alarming news in stride, continuing to scale the “wall of worry” in defiance ...(19 Aug 2017 14:01:39 +0000)
- Boeing Reigns as DJIA’s Best Performer in 2017Boeing remains the best performing of the 30 stocks comprising the Dow Jones Industrial Average index, even thought the political brouhaha last week kept investors cautious.(19 Aug 2017 13:45:43 +0000)
- Cisco's Chuck Robbins Says Tech's Diversity Problem 'Should Be a Nonissue'TheStreet talked with the CEO about Cisco's push for gender and racial diversity in light of the sexist memo circulated at Google.(19 Aug 2017 13:45:00 +0000)
- General Electric Stuck in Role as DJIA’s Worst Stock of 2017General Electric extended its streak as the worst performing Dow Jones Industrial Average stock for a fifth consecutive week.(19 Aug 2017 13:35:43 +0000)
- Walmart Seeks Patent for Warehouse Floating in the SkyWalmart apparently wants to move goods without the need for roads, trucks or airplanes. At least that is what a patent filing hints.(19 Aug 2017 13:20:24 +0000)
- More Than 25% of Hedge Fund Assets Are Invested in This Sector (and It's Not Technology)You may be surprised at the most popular sector owned in hedge funds' portfolios.(19 Aug 2017 13:17:00 +0000)
The Dow Jones Industrial Average 30 are the 30 key companies in the US. Also called DJ30, Dow, Dow Jones, or traded as DJI, the index used to be based on industrial or heavy industry, but that is not the case any longer. This is a price-weighted average, and tends to be more volatile than the S&P 500 or NASDAQ 100 due to its smaller size and larger weighting structure, however it is still a key US economic benchmark and closely watched daily.
The Dow Jones is commonly traded as the E-mini Dow Futures (YM), the DJIA Futures (DJ), and the Big Dow DJIA Futures (DD). It is also traded as an ETF with the ticker DJI.