- Dow jumps 133 points after Europe's central bank signals easy policy isn't overU.S. stocks traded higher on Wednesday after the European Central Bank tried to walk back remarks made by ECB President Mario Draghi a day earlier.(28 Jun 2017 15:10:22 +0000)
- Boeing Roundup: Paris Air Show yields $40B in commitments…Verizon joins on AI startup…Layoffs in South CarolinaChicago-based Boeing (NYSE: BA) has operations around the country. Here are recent stories on the company reported by The Business Journals. Boeing is the best performing Dow stock so far this year Boeing ...(28 Jun 2017 15:05:09 +0000)
- Three Things You Can Do To Stop 'NotPetya' Ransomware Wrecking Your PCSimple steps could prevent Windows PCs getting infected in future.(28 Jun 2017 15:03:00 +0000)
- JPMorgan Hires GE To Cut Energy Use By This Much At 4,500 BranchesJPMorgan will use General Electric sensors and systems to slash energy use and costs at its branches.(28 Jun 2017 15:00:19 +0000)
- Disney's ABC Unit Reaches Settlement in 'Pink Slime' SuitSouth Dakota-based Beef Products sued ABC for over $1 billion, claiming that their reports from 2012 hurt its business.(28 Jun 2017 14:58:00 +0000)
- [$$] Samsung to Invest Millions in South Carolina FactorySamsung Electronics will invest $380 million to expand its U.S. home-appliance manufacturing operations at a site in Newberry, S.C., generating more than 950 local jobs by 2020.(28 Jun 2017 14:57:28 +0000)
- InPlay from Briefing.comInPlay from Briefing.com(28 Jun 2017 14:57:23 +0000)
- Two Chip Stocks Get Price-Target Hikes, Another Upgraded To BuyWall Street analysts gave price-target increases to chipmakers Nvidia and Integrated Device Technology, while upgrading Cypress Semiconductor to buy.(28 Jun 2017 14:53:49 +0000)
- New computer virus spreads from Ukraine to disrupt world businessFRANKFURT/MOSCOW/KIEV (Reuters) - A cyber attack wreaked havoc around the globe on Wednesday, crippling thousands of computers, disrupting operations at ports from Mumbai to Los Angeles and halting production at a chocolate factory in Australia. The virus is believed to have first taken hold on Tuesday in Ukraine where it silently infected computers after users downloaded a popular tax accounting package or visited a local news site, national police and international cyber experts said. The malicious code locked machines and demanded victims post a ransom worth $300 in bitcoins or lose their data entirely, similar to the extortion tactic used in the global WannaCry ransomware attack in May.(28 Jun 2017 14:51:53 +0000)
- U.S. stock market climbs as Wall Street tries to rally from worst daily fall in a monthU.S. stock-market indexes Wednesday traded higher, with equities attempting to rebounding from a technology-led downdraft in the previous session. A Senate delay of a closely watched vote on a bill to ...(28 Jun 2017 14:46:10 +0000)
The Dow Jones Industrial Average 30 are the 30 key companies in the US. Also called DJ30, Dow, Dow Jones, or traded as DJI, the index used to be based on industrial or heavy industry, but that is not the case any longer. This is a price-weighted average, and tends to be more volatile than the S&P 500 or NASDAQ 100 due to its smaller size and larger weighting structure, however it is still a key US economic benchmark and closely watched daily.
The Dow Jones is commonly traded as the E-mini Dow Futures (YM), the DJIA Futures (DJ), and the Big Dow DJIA Futures (DD). It is also traded as an ETF with the ticker DJI.