- Government Shutdown Looms, IBM Returns to Growth - 5 Things You Must KnowU.S. stock futures point to gains for Wall Street on Friday even as investors grow concerned the federal government will be forced into a shutdown at midnight unless lawmakers can reach a funding agreement....(19 Jan 2018 11:50:00 +0000)
- IBM Slides as 'Tax Headwind' Hits 2018 Outlook After Long-Awaited Sales WinIBM's first quarterly revenue increase in more than five years was overshadowed by cautious 2018 guidance and a corporate tax "headwind" that will hit Big Blue's shares at the opening bell.(19 Jan 2018 11:36:00 +0000)
- IBM: Cramer's Top TakeawaysMartin Schroeter, senior vice president of global markets at IBM, tells Jim Cramer that IBM remains a leader in blockchain technology.(19 Jan 2018 11:34:00 +0000)
- Facebook Adds Amex’s Chenault as First Black Board MemberFacebook has a board made up of prominent businesspeople, but that does not mean that they have the ability to affect the company's present or future.(19 Jan 2018 11:25:46 +0000)
- Wall Street Futures Rebound as Investors Push US Government Shutdown Fears AsideA potential U.S. government shutdown is keeping equity market sentiment in check Friday as the dollar holds near three year lows and benchmark 10-year bond yields rise to the highest level since September ...(19 Jan 2018 11:22:00 +0000)
- How Often Do Prime Members Buy From Amazon?A new report shows that the online leader's best customers are hooked on the retailer.(19 Jan 2018 11:09:00 +0000)
- Pharma Stock Roundup: Merck's Keytruda Shines in Study, Priority Review for Kymriah Label ExpansionFocus this week was on Merck's (MRK) data on Keytruda as well as Novartis's updates on Kymriah and its biosimilar efforts.(19 Jan 2018 10:55:10 +0000)
- AmEx (AXP) Q4 Earnings Beat Estimates Sans Tax Reform ChargeAmerican Express' (AXP) Q4 earnings ride on higher billed business, greater Card Member spending and higher cards in force.(19 Jan 2018 10:45:10 +0000)
- Solid Q4 Numbers From Morgan Stanley are Another Step in Bigger Growth PlanFor the quarter ending in December, brokerage firm Morgan Stanley turned $9.5 billion worth of revenue into net income of $685 million, or a per-share profit of 29 cents. After backing out the one-time tax hit of $990 million related to new corporate tax rules recently put in place, Morgan Stanley actually earned $1.68 billion, for a profit of 84 cents per share of MS stock. Analysts were only expecting a top line of $9.2 billion and earnings of 77 cents per share.(19 Jan 2018 10:01:34 +0000)
- Europe Books Cautious Gains, Wall Street Slips as U.S. Government Shutdown LoomsA potential U.S. government shutdown is keeping equity market sentiment in check Friday as the dollar holds near three year lows and benchmark 10-year bond yields rise to the highest level since September ...(19 Jan 2018 08:30:00 +0000)
The Dow Jones Industrial Average 30 are the 30 key companies in the US. Also called DJ30, Dow, Dow Jones, or traded as DJI, the index used to be based on industrial or heavy industry, but that is not the case any longer. This is a price-weighted average, and tends to be more volatile than the S&P 500 or NASDAQ 100 due to its smaller size and larger weighting structure, however it is still a key US economic benchmark and closely watched daily.
The Dow Jones is commonly traded as the E-mini Dow Futures (YM), the DJIA Futures (DJ), and the Big Dow DJIA Futures (DD). It is also traded as an ETF with the ticker DJI.