- How 1 Regional Bank Crushed Its Competitors(23 Jul 2014 15:46:11)
- Goldman Sachs says BES investment was on behalf of clients(23 Jul 2014 15:40:31)
- Goldman Sachs says BES investment was on behalf of clients[Reuters] - Goldman Sachs's (GS.N) 2.27 percent interest in Portugal's Banco Espirito Santo(BES.LS) was acquired on behalf of clients, the U.S. investment bank said in a statement on Wednesday afternoon. Shares in BES soared as much as 19.6 percent Wednesday after the bank announced on Tuesday evening that Goldman Sachs Group had acquired the interest in the bank and U.S. hedge fund DE Shaw had taken a 2.71 percent position. "Goldman Sachs International has entered into positions in Banco Espirito (Santo) by virtue of its facilitation of client transactions," the bank said in an emailed statement. "This activity has triggered a disclosure under the requirements of the Transparency Directive as implemented in Portugal."(23 Jul 2014 15:38:45)
- Big banks reach out to poor Americans: Beware?(23 Jul 2014 15:36:54)
- 10 Signs The Capital Markets Are Confused(23 Jul 2014 15:28:38)
- Goldman Wins $14.6 Million in Singapore Investor Clash(23 Jul 2014 15:27:46)
- U.S. Bank Hosts Sweepstakes for a Tesla Model S[at noodls] - MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul. 23, 2014-- U.S. Bank is offering new customers the chance to win a 2014 Tesla Model S (or a $100,000 cash prize) in the bank's Power Up Your Summer Sweepstakes. Anyone ...(23 Jul 2014 15:24:38)
- Delta's earnings up with Latin America, domestic passengers(23 Jul 2014 15:02:20)
- Simon Property Group, Inc. Earnings Call scheduled for 11:00 am ET today(23 Jul 2014 15:00:00)
- Why Citigroup (C) Stock Remains A 'Buy' At TheStreet(23 Jul 2014 14:47:00)
The United States financial sector is the largest and most developed in the world, comprising 50% of all US profits. This industry is lead by major investment banks offering investment management, equity underwriting, and selling financial products. Other major companies offering lending, however many decline greatly during the recent housing bubble collapse.
As a result of the recent sub-prime mortgage crisis, many new regulations have been put into place to curb aggressive behaviors such as mixed risk class products, bank proprietary trading, and lending to high-risk customers. These new measures will result in lower financial sector profits, but also less risk associated too.
The US financial sector is largely based the north-eastern coast, centered in New York City’s Wall Street, housing the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ stock exchange. There is also a sophisticated venture capital industry in the west coast where many high-tech and start-ups are based.